Sunday, November 30, 2025

Anger as callous intruders decapitate ‘family favourite’ stag and leave headless body

Must read

Starmer signals fresh push on welfare reform in bid to move on from Budget row

The Prime Minister will make the case for a welfare system shake-up after the axing of the two-child cap in the Budget was...

Female teacher, 37, had sex with pupil, 15, multiple times as ‘toy’ text emerges

Karly Rae admitted to having sex with an underage student, grooming him via messaging apps and perverting the course of justice having previously denied...

RUTH SUNDERLAND: Governments guilty of betraying our youngsters

By RUTH SUNDERLAND Updated: 16:50 EST, 30 November 2025...

Tom Aspinall issues fitness update after eye poke controversy at UFC 321

He posted the medical reports of his assessment - dated November 24, 2025 - which read: “Mr Aspinall sustained significant bilateral ocular trauma”, and...

The stag was killed overnight after intruder’s broke into an Irish park before leaving the magnificent animal’s headless body behind in a crime that has shook the local community to its core

An “iconic stag” that has become a family attraction has been killed in a park in Ireland by callous intruders who left its headless body behind. The senseless crime took place in Co Dublin after intruders broke into the deer’s home overnight.

The crime has cause outrage after the headless body of the stag, which was part of the deer herd at Newbridge Demesne, Donabate, was found on Thursday morning (November 27), according to Fingal County Council.

A council statement explained that the animal had been killed overnight. The deer was part of a herd that had become a popular family attraction in North County Dublin and councillors and the the wildlife service workers have expressed their dismay at the ‘callous killing’, The Irish Mirror reports.

The Gardai are carrying out an investigation into the murder. The Fingal County Council statement said: “The discovery was made when staff went to feed the herd of Irish Red Deer.

“The stag, who was eight years old, was one of two in the herd.” The Mayor of Fingal was angered by the ‘shocking’ killing after visiting the deer for several years.

Tom O’Leary said: “I have visited this park area with my granddaughters who really enjoyed meeting the stag and deer. A wonderful animal to behold close up.

“It’s truly shocking that someone would carry out this act. I am appealing to anybody with information to contact the gardai or the National Parks and Wildlife Service. It is illegal to kill deer without a licence and I hope that the perpetrators can be brought to justice.”

The Foreman of Works at Newbridge House and Traditional Farm Ivan Smith added: “We are absolutely shocked by this incident. He was a lovely stag with a beautiful pair of antlers and was a big favourite with the public who walk through the park.”

The council said the matter is currently being investigated by An Garda Siochana and the National Parks and Wildlife Service. Anybody with information is asked to contact the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111 or email wildlifeenforcement@npws.gov.ie.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletters.

#Anger #callous #intruders #decapitate #family #favourite #stag #leave #headless #body

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest article

Starmer signals fresh push on welfare reform in bid to move on from Budget row

The Prime Minister will make the case for a welfare system shake-up after the axing of the two-child cap in the Budget was...

Female teacher, 37, had sex with pupil, 15, multiple times as ‘toy’ text emerges

Karly Rae admitted to having sex with an underage student, grooming him via messaging apps and perverting the course of justice having previously denied...

RUTH SUNDERLAND: Governments guilty of betraying our youngsters

By RUTH SUNDERLAND Updated: 16:50 EST, 30 November 2025...

Tom Aspinall issues fitness update after eye poke controversy at UFC 321

He posted the medical reports of his assessment - dated November 24, 2025 - which read: “Mr Aspinall sustained significant bilateral ocular trauma”, and...

Arsenal: Mikel Arteta 'positive' after 'massive' week but admits disappointment with Chelsea draw

Gunners boss proud of his players after three huge games in seven days, but feels they should have beaten 10-man Blues Source link