Sunday, November 30, 2025

BREAKING Boy among five arrested in murder probe after man found dead in quiet cul-de-sac

Must read

Starmer signals fresh push on welfare reform in bid to move on from Budget row

The Prime Minister will make the case for a welfare system shake-up after the axing of the two-child cap in the Budget was...

Female teacher, 37, had sex with pupil, 15, multiple times as ‘toy’ text emerges

Karly Rae admitted to having sex with an underage student, grooming him via messaging apps and perverting the course of justice having previously denied...

RUTH SUNDERLAND: Governments guilty of betraying our youngsters

By RUTH SUNDERLAND Updated: 16:50 EST, 30 November 2025...

Tom Aspinall issues fitness update after eye poke controversy at UFC 321

He posted the medical reports of his assessment - dated November 24, 2025 - which read: “Mr Aspinall sustained significant bilateral ocular trauma”, and...

Police have launched an investigation after a man in his 50s was found dead at his home in Werrington, Staffordshire

A boy is among five people arrested by detectives in Staffordshire after a major murder probe was launched following the death of a man in his 50s. Emergency crews rushed to a typically peaceful cul-de-sac in Werrington, about five miles east of Stoke-on-Trent, late yesterday evening (November 26).

The victim was pronounced dead at the scene on Park Avenue at approximately 9pm on Wednesday. Police officers established a substantial cordon along nearby Park Road, with blue tarpaulin erected across the front of a property.

Investigators have subsequently detained five suspects, reports Stoke on Trent Live. Two men aged 31, a 29-year-old man, a 22-year-old woman, and a boy, all from the Stoke-on-Trent vicinity, have been held on suspicion of murder.

All five remain in police custody whilst inquiries are ongoing. Officers continue to maintain a presence in the area this evening, with the matter also referred to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).

A Staffordshire Police spokesperson stated: “Five people have been arrested following the death of a man in Stoke-on-Trent. We were called to a home on Park Avenue, Werrington, just after 9pm yesterday Sadly, a man was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin have been informed.

“We understand that this incident may cause concern in the local community. However, we don’t believe there is wider threat to the public. We are referring the incident to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC). Anyone with any information that can assist with our investigation is asked to get in touch.”

Earlier today, a local resident said: “The police are refusing to give us any information but it seems very serious. They have not even given us any reassurance either.

“Police are saying if we need to walk up the road we need to record ourselves doing it so we have the date and time we were there. We have to give all of our details.

“There were at least seven police cars and three ambulances last night and my street is cordoned off. The closed road starts in Park Road and goes down for about 20 houses but the incident happened on Park Avenue, a cul de sac off Park Road. One house has got blue tarpaulin up.

“One young police officer this morning just said the incident was now over and we are dealing with the aftermath. I thought wow ‘aftermath’, that’s usually after something very serious.”

West Midlands Ambulance Service have been contacted for further details.

#BREAKING #Boy #among #arrested #murder #probe #man #dead #quiet #culdesac

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest article

Starmer signals fresh push on welfare reform in bid to move on from Budget row

The Prime Minister will make the case for a welfare system shake-up after the axing of the two-child cap in the Budget was...

Female teacher, 37, had sex with pupil, 15, multiple times as ‘toy’ text emerges

Karly Rae admitted to having sex with an underage student, grooming him via messaging apps and perverting the course of justice having previously denied...

RUTH SUNDERLAND: Governments guilty of betraying our youngsters

By RUTH SUNDERLAND Updated: 16:50 EST, 30 November 2025...

Tom Aspinall issues fitness update after eye poke controversy at UFC 321

He posted the medical reports of his assessment - dated November 24, 2025 - which read: “Mr Aspinall sustained significant bilateral ocular trauma”, and...

Arsenal: Mikel Arteta 'positive' after 'massive' week but admits disappointment with Chelsea draw

Gunners boss proud of his players after three huge games in seven days, but feels they should have beaten 10-man Blues Source link